There are many people who do not understand the various roles and responsibilities in the church. Since it is a part of our vision statement to assist people in understanding their God given roles and responsibilities, this was prepared to inform and equip you, our partner, and to strengthen your understanding in the dynamics of church relationships. In addition, this page was made to connect you to those working within these roles within our ministry. Shiloh Restoration Tabernacle, Inc. is an Apostolic House supported by the Apostolic Gifts.
An Apostle / Bishop is a visionary and overseer, one who receives the blue-print from God concerning what course of action to take. A father, a guide, an example, the first among equals one who implements the vision from God, delegates assignments to other offices within the ministry and releases mantles on God appointed leadership. The Apostle / Bishop exemplifies the kingdom, and exhorts from the Kingdom frame of reference.
- An Apostle / Bishop is apt to teach
- The Apostle has a "natural care" for the CHURCHES
- Raising up churches and establishing them in the kingdom paradigm.
- An Overseer of churches, bringing edification, exhortation, correction and development of leaders
- An Apostle / Bishop is required to be blameless, vigilant and sober minded, setting godly examples in private lives as well as public settings
- Very Hospitable and approachable and one of good character
- Extremely sensitive to the Holy Spirit
- Is committed to the principles & patterns of Christ.
The prophetic office has a multi-facet purpose. The prophetic office works in total agreement and synergy with the apostle, pastor, teacher and the evangelist. The prophetic office carries no more weight or validity than the other four offices, but rather bears the same responsibility as the other offices for the edification of the church. The prophetic office like the other offices according to Ephesians 4:12 is for the perfecting of the saints.
- The prophetic office is used to exhort, encourage and edify the body of Christ
- The prophetic office understands the power of words and speaks the "right now" word from God.
- The prophetic office is to bring confirmation of what God has already revealed
- Prophetic office never exploits people nor does it operate out of presumption
- The prophetic office is used to bring individuals in alignment with their God given assignment and purpose
- A Pastor offers guidance and counsel
- The Pastor is a lover and nurturer of people
- Is an example in conduct and lifestyle to the body of Christ
- Takes care of the local congregation
- Studies and knows the word of God
- Is most effective outside the four walls of the church
- Is not intimidated or ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Is instant in season and ready for any question they may arise pertaining to the word of God.
- The teacher is extremely adaptive
- The teacher is extremely sensitive in receiving direction from the Holy Spirit
- Imparts wisdom and understanding through the Word of God into others
- A Teacher is extremely committed to the transformation and development of God's people
- The Teacher has a burning desire for the people to KNOW the truth, and not be moved by error.
- Elders are examples of Christ like conduct and character for the body to pattern themselves after.
- Elders are to lead in the "spirit" of the Senior Leader.
- Elders are to assist in mediating minor issues in the body that should not require the attention of the Senior Leader.
A Deacon is responsible for the up keep and maintenance of the physical house of God. Is willing to serve where the need arises. Is of good character honest, trustworthy and faithful. Are examples to the body of Christ. One who rules his own house well.
- Deacons minister to the direct physical needs of the congregations
- Deacons are to assist the "widows and orphans" of the church.
- A Deacon must model self control.
- A mother is a nurturer and mentor for spiritual babes.
A Minister of Gospel is one called to serve the people. One who is seasoned in the word of God. One who is teachable, trainable and example to the Body of Christ.
- Possesses a sincere desire to fulfill the Great Commission. (Mark 16:15-16)
- Must walk in integrity and Christ-like conduct at all times.
- A Minister must be apt to teach/preach and to exhort when called upon to do so.