Understanding The Five-Fold Ministry Gifts
There are many people who do not understand the various roles and responsibilities in the church. Since it is a part of our vision statement to assist people in understanding their God given roles and responsibilities, this was prepared to inform and equip you, our partner, and to strengthen your understanding in the dynamics of church relationships. In addition, this page was made to connect you to those working within these roles within our ministry.
An Elder is a seasoned leader. One proven in sound doctrine. Is faithful and trustworthy over the affairs of the congregation and the ministry. Apt to teach share and minister the word of God. Has the authority and faith to pray for the sick and anoint them with oil according to James 5:14. Is an example to the congregation. One who rules his own house well. Elders are extensions of the Senior leader over a congregation.
- Elders are examples of Christ like conduct and character for the body to pattern themselves after.
- Elders are to lead in the "spirit" of the Senior Leader.
- Elders are to assist in mediating minor issues in the body that should not require the attention of the Senior Leader.
A Deacon is responsible for the up keep and maintenance of the physical house of God. Is willing to serve where the need arises. Is of good character honest, trustworthy and faithful. Are examples to the body of Christ. One who rules his own house well.
- Deacons minister to the direct physical needs of the congregations
- Deacons are to assist the "widows and orphans" of the church.
- A Deacon must model self control.
A Mother can be an elder lady in the church (1Timothy 5:2). One who is seasoned in the word of God. Always demonstrates love. Imparts wisdom and understanding into the younger women and men. Enjoys people. Is an example and well respected. Makes everyone feel special. Is genuinely concerned for the well-being of the congregation. A person of much prayer.
A Minister of Gospel is one called to serve the people. One who is seasoned in the word of God. One who is teachable, trainable and example to the Body of Christ.
- A mother is a nurturer and mentor for spiritual babes.
- Possesses a sincere desire to fulfill the Great Commission. (Mark 16:15-16)
- Must walk in integrity and Christ-like conduct at all times.
- A Minister must be apt to teach/preach and to exhort when called upon to do so.